Saturday, November 5, 2022

Beautiful Autumn Days Continue

I have a couple of Zoom meetings this afternoon for which I think I am prepared. I say, I think, because one is never sure. Something may crop up for which one is not ready. I’ll trust that I am, ready that is. ¶ It’s been another week of mostly pleasant days with cool nights and lovely sun during the day.
¶ I made the initial report on the new chemotherapy last week. I spoke a little too soon for the side-effects had not manifested themselves completely. As I mentioned, things went fine through Saturday. Sunday morning upon awakening I felt like I had the flu. The body aches were not pleasant. I debated on whether or not to go to church. I did but during choir rehearsal I was sorely tempted to leave. I few minutes before the service began I felt well enough to remain so I did. The rest of the day was not pleasant. This continued on until by Tuesday afternoon the symptoms passed. I checked the medication website and found the issues I had were all typical of this drug. ¶ By Wednesday I felt pretty normal again. Thursday it was back for an infusion. Now I do not know what to expect or if whatever it is will be worse. The infusion went fine, again, and this is the second day following. So far I’ve not had the same reaction as last week. I’ve convinced myself that awakening tomorrow with no symptoms would be wonderful. We’ll see how that goes. ¶ The search! I mentioned last week that I was frustrated in my search for a particular item I knew I had stored someplace. Well, after beginning the project again I found that I didn’t have to do that. In a search for a different pair of shoes, I discovered a box under a closet shelf wherein lay the original project. How I missed that on previous searches I have no idea. The finding thereof brought a great deal of relief that my memory was not totally malfunctioning. ¶ I’ve been a great believer in the adage of computer science which claims by turning the blessed thing off and then on again most problems will be fixed. For several days I wondered what had happened to my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. They hadn’t been working and the attempt to reconnect them was futile until I finally did reboot the computer, and lo and behold they were just fine and worked very well. This may well be a “practice what you preach” episode.
¶ There may have been an uninvited critter in Sophia’s basement storage place. She refused to leave her “place” on Monday and most of Tuesday. She was not in her usual post on the top of the refrigerator. She was on the floor, refused her morning treats and the invitation to do something other than just be. I purchased some new mouse traps and set them. She finally, by Wednesday, was back to her normal habits. Thus, I think the problem has been dealt with and the daily routine has returned. She is a great believer in posing that the drape of the tale is very important. ¶ Thanks for reading, for prayers and thoughts and all you do for me and others. You have know idea how much it helps to know there are others who are aiding you from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment