Saturday, November 12, 2022

Not So Warm

The previous week I was bragging about our nice warm autumn weather. There’s been a change. For several days the sun has been lacking and yesterday, we had a bit of snow. There’s not enough of the white stuff to cover the ground, but there’s enough to remind us that this will most likely be the form of precipitation we’ll have for a few months.
¶ Time does go by rather quickly so winter will not be so long, I hope. I have my appointment schedule at the cancer center to keep me on my toes. This Wednesday I have an MRI and an appointment with the radiation oncologist who will give me the good or bad news about what’s going on in my upper story. I don’t worry a lot about the news. I’ve been through enough Gamma Knife treatments to consider them just another thing to be endured. ¶ The side effects of Thursday’s chemo have not been bad thus far. As predicted, Thursday evening/Friday morning was largely without sleep. I get a healthy dose of steroids in my blood stream before the chemo begins. A couple of other drugs are administered as well. All this is to help make the chemo tolerable. I did notice a lot of my hair flying around after my shower this morning. Evidently one of the side effects, for me, will be loss of my hair once again. I’ve saved a lot on haircuts during the past year. I, obviously, will being saving again. ¶ My usual time at the Pavilion of Arts and Science is Friday morning. This Friday we had 200 children that are being home-schooled and their parents and siblings visit us for the morning. The volunteer coordinator thought ahead and asked for a couple of other volunteers to be in the arts center with me. That was brilliant. We accommodated all that came to visit and the volunteer troops were sane at the end of the morning. I’m speaking for myself, however the other two seemed to be as rational at the end as they were at the beginning.
¶ The project I’ve mentioned the last couple of weeks should have reached a conclusion this afternoon. Now I find that I’ve done something wrong and will need to make extensive repairs and I don’t have a lot of time in which to do that. Sewing consists of a lot of planning, ironing, cutting out and placing of pieces and also a goodly amount of time rectifying mistakes. Very little time is spent at the machine, actually. Now I must determine whether to begin again or fix the mistakes. ¶ Miss Sophia has been a big help, especially today. If I want to sit and sew, she’s on the chair. If I want to press something, she’s on the ironing board. Every where I need to be she’s able to get there first. Now, at last it’s nap time, for her. I’ll miss the help but not too much. ¶ Thanks for your prayers and thoughts and kind deeds. They are precious gifts to those of us who need them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Warren!! Finally got caught up on your blog. Sounds like you had an awesome time in Wisc. Have you ever been to Door County? It's so beautiful. Has to be Gods country. Sorry to hear about more lesions. Prayers that the new chemo will beat them to a pulp!! Take care, God Bless and keep writing. So interesting! Marilyn
    πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh forgot to add: BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete