Saturday, October 29, 2022

Windy and Warm

For most of this week we’ve had perfect autumnal days, fairly warm and breezy. I’m not sure that anyone has formally decided what a perfect fall day is supposed to be. I can be sure that this day and several others this week fall into my category of perfect fall days. The sun must shine. There is enough warmth in the air to remind one of lingering summer days. There must be a breeze to rustle the fallen leaves. This was today.
¶ It is always a delight to walk through the fallen leaves and to marvel at the change of seasons. There must be just enough of all of the fore-mentioned to qualify as a perfect fall day. ¶ Although my neighbor’s tree was a disappointment this year, there was another along my walking path that exceeded expectations. ¶ This was the week that began the new chemotherapy regime. I’ve suffered no repercussion therefrom. My only complaint can be the length of time. I checked in for labs at 8:45. After the doctor’s appointment I went to the infusion center. My nurse informed me that the infusion could not begin until I had my premeds for nausea and then a half hour wait. At any rate I was finally finished at 1:30 PM. The premeds did their job and I suffered no repercussions. The only irritating thing was the wait. Hopefully next week’s session will be just as tolerable. ¶ I’ve given up the search begun last week and have decided to start over. I’ve looked in every possible place where I could have stored the article. The whole thing has been an exercise in patience. I just don’t have much patience left to exercise. ¶ To add to any confusion that I might be experiencing I’ve discovered I’ve paid one credit cart bill three times and neglected to pay another bill. Property tax second payments are also due this month and I was determined not to be late with that. I sat down to take care of that task about midnight on Thursday. ¶ Sophia was determined to show me how well behaved she is (read: can be). She still has not recovered completely from my absence.
¶ There are several issues on the ballot for the election on the 8th of November. Some are pretty well clear-cut in my mind. Others will require a little more thought. It’s gotten to the point where many of us will be glad the whole thing is over. Something has happened to the call screening service on my land line. One is supposed to press a button if one is not a solicitor. Dozens of phone calls have gotten through. I think the solicitors have discovered some way of defeating call screening. For this I am not particularly grateful. ¶ Thank you for reading. Thanks for thoughts and prayers. Thank you for what you do for others and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment