Saturday, May 29, 2021

It Might Be May…

It might well be May by the calendar, but the temps the last couple of days have felt more like October. After several pleasant days the mercury plunged. The forecast for overnight has been in the high 30s with not much more than 65 for the day temps with wind. We’ve also had a good deal of rain. I measured 1.25 inches one night. Anyway, I’m back to using the fireplace in the evening. It feels good to have the warmth. ¶ The “front door” birds are growing like crazy and making a big mess. Last week they just had fluff. This week the have all their feathers. It is unbelievable how fast they mature. I expect they will be leaving soon. I assume they will not clean up their mess so that will be left for me to do.
¶ Much excitement in the infusion center this week. I’ve written about TUG before. This is robot that the pharmacy uses to deliver the medicine. I guess there are two of them so I don’t want to cast aspersions on the well behaved one. The other, on Tuesday, decided to try to enter one of the larger infusion rooms that also has bed as well as the recliner found in every room. One of the nurses tried to dissuade TUG from entering but it was determined. After a period of pouting in the hallway it finally went on its way. ¶ The next day errant TUG went down a small hallway that has access to two restrooms. In the process it trapped one of the patients in the restroom with her IV pole and all. Not polite TUG!
¶ The following day TUG proceeded to the manager’s office, a place where it is not proper for it to go. This day and the previous, pharmacy was suffered to come and retrieve its beast. There is a leash which can be pulled from the lower front so TUG can be led where it wishes not to go. It’s amusing to see the robot obediently following the pharmacist back to its home. ¶ By Friday all the hijinks must have played out. TUG was very well behaved and quite prompt. It evidently got quite a scolding from its handler. It is quite something to see these machines traveling about the hospital and infusion center delivering their goods to the appropriate places (mostly!). If someone tries to enter the elevator with TUG, it politely says “I prefer to ride alone.” ¶ Extended TUG tales are evidence of the fact that the week of infusions is rather boring. One looks for entertainment wherever it may be available. This week I had company for two of my five infusions which considerably shortened the time. Just having someone to speak with makes the waiting and infusion fly by. ¶ All of my tests were good with no apparent causes for concern. I had some swelling in my left ankle but that seems to have righted itself without medical intervention.
¶ Friday was the celebration of the natal day. It’s really hard to believe I’ve been alive that long. Facebook suggested a fundraiser for my birthday. I opted for that to raise money to provide lunches for children. It was a blessing that my $250 goal was exceeded by about $1100. Thanks to the generous folks who donated to make a child’s life a bit brighter and allowed an old man to realize, once again, what wonderful friends he has. ¶ That’s about it for the week. I’ve enjoyed watching all those things planted last week grow. I’ve enjoyed seeing the weeds disappear, thanks to helping hands. ¶ Thank you for your concern, thoughts, and prayers. They are appreciated more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment