Saturday, December 3, 2022

Not the Best

I can’t say that this week has been my best. I’ve felt tired most of the time. All this began with the first whole brain radiation on Wednesday. The side-effects were to be mild. Most of the time they have been but with some irritating deviations. I’ve been nauseas nearly every afternoon. It’s one of those things that is predicted to happen but I am tired of it. I know that this was a particular thing that was forecast to happen, I’m just tired of it. ¶ Perhaps when the whole series is over and done with then I can relax again and get back to life in the normal sphere of things.
¶ Aside from the weariness of the perpetual exhaustion, life has not been bad. I have kept up with nearly everything. Although the trip to the mailbox seems to be exhaustion without any form of redemption, I’ve vowed I will persevere. ¶ Most of today has been spent in the recliner. I’m grateful for that. My place there seems to be good and comfortable and I see very little need to stray from that place. My place there turns out to be a place of rest and refreshment which I have needed to recover from the past three days. ¶ Tonight I’ll meet someone at the Pavilion of Arts and Science to view a program based on C. S. Lewis’s Christmas experience. It looks like it will be an interesting journey into the mind of one who began his Christmas celebrations early in his life. ¶ The week past has been a mixture of cold and warm days. The warm days have been pleasant. The cold days not so much. We have had enough snow to measure and enough cold to make us uncomfortable.
¶ I get to the point in these writings when I have to admit there’s not much more to say. When I look at the garden there is nothing to photograph anymore. It’s pretty much a wasteland. Perhaps I can find a picture of Sophia to bring a little cheer. ¶ I will certainly try my best. ¶ Thanks for all you do for me for which I am most grateful. Thanks for all you do for others. I hope they appreciate your efforts. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I sure think Sophia's talent at modeling is great! We sure enjoy it. We pray this nausea stuff will subside, and better yet would disappear! I am sure you noticed the big snowflakes we had this past Thursday. Pretty to look at but not fun to shovel. Looks like the neighbor across the street has a good handle on it with his 4-wheeler! Last week we attended the Wheel of Fortune at the Pavilion. It was fun but we came home with zero winnings! Let us know what we can do, Warren, to help you! :) K & B

    ReplyDelete