Saturday, July 2, 2022

Much Less Hectic

After two weeks of running to and fro, this week was found to be much less hectic. I had some responsibilities but they were few and far between. The feeling of exhaustion I had last week is mostly absent, for which I am grateful. I should know myself well enough that my point of exhaustion should not be reached.
¶ My main duty this week was getting my friend to some medical appointments. The usual Tuesday evening services along with Wednesday and Thursday noontime services were my only obligations. ¶ I used to volunteer regularly at one of the facilities serving food to those most in need. With the onset of COVID that ceased. Today I was able to volunteer again at a different venue. It was very good to be back doing the service kind of thing. I wore my mask and felt safe so I should be okay with doing this type of service again. I’m happy. ¶ The recent decisions handed down by the Supreme Court have not made me happy. I know there is a minority in the USA which is pleased by one of the Court’s decisions. It smacks of the establishment of a state religion. Nearly every other country has done away with the idea of a State Church. We, however, are drawing closer. Whenever the “state” tells its citizens how they must think or believe about any topic we are on dangerous grounds. ¶ The decisions on guns and the environment are disturbing in other ways. It is dangerous to be out on many streets. One day in the supermarket there was a husband and wife and a baby. The only problem with this picture was the father who was carrying a pistol in a holster. The child will grow up with this picture of the father ready and armed. Undoubtedly the child will continue with legacy inherited from his father. Somewhere along the line the gun will be discharged in a situation where there should never have been a gun and one or more innocents will be dead.
¶ Given the frequency and severity of storms since the beginning of “the season” there is no question that our planet is changing. If we are to leave an habitable place for the next generation to live and work we must do something. It must happen sooner rather than later. Having a government agency in charge is, granted, not the most efficient method of dealing with an issue, but it is far faster than leaving it up to congress, an institution known for taking forever to decide. ¶ Sophia was excited this morning since some birds were cavorting in the large tree in the rear. It is a wondrous thing that there is a large window there so she can observe the antics of the birds. ¶ Thank you for all you do for others and for me. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment