Saturday, July 16, 2022

It Is Amazing

It is amazing that it is 5:00 CDT and temperature is 70º! After the hot days we’ve had this week it is a blessing. A light rain has been falling all afternoon. This is another blessing. Downpours don’t soak into the ground, they mostly run off. Slow, steady drips such as we’ve had today penetrate the ground and water the plants.
¶ The gardens have brought forth many blessings. Some beautiful day lilies have bloomed. I love their many colors and their persistence in showing off their blossoms. ¶ No storms this week have been another blessing. The number of severe weather warnings issued by the Weather Service this year is shocking. For this area of the state they have exceeded 200 according to the local paper.
¶ After several weeks of waiting, one of the companies I contacted to re-shingle the roof and repair the siding called on Tuesday and sent a representative on Wednesday. A very nice gentleman came to call, went over the insurance estimate with me, informed me they would do the work for the estimate and would begin when the materials arrived. There is one small hole in the siding on the west side. That will involve replacing all the siding on that side so it matches. That and my steeply pitched roof reaching three stories high is what they have in store for themselves. What a job! ¶ I had my CT scan on Wednesday, with appointments on Thursday and my infusion. I mentioned last week that this was the first scan following my introduction to the new chemo. This would tell us if it is working or not. Two new lesions were found in the liver on the previous scan I had whilst in the hospital. The scan revealed nothing growing in the lungs. The report said, “Other hypodense liver lesions seen on the prior CT have markedly decreased in size.” The report concludes, “Hepatic metastatic disease significantly improved compared to prior.” This means the chemo is working and I can stay on it as long as we tolerate each other. Yet another blessing of the week.
¶ Sophia enjoys her place on the piano. It gives her a chance to check on all her friends, the squirrels, the rabbits, and the birds. It is obviously one of her blessings since she spends the greater part of the day there. I laughed one day this week, one hot day, when I saw her lying on her back, sound asleep, desperately trying to keep cool. ¶ The week has been full of blessings and you, my readers, are another of those blessings. Thank you for reading, for prayers, for thoughts, for all you do for me and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment