Saturday, June 11, 2022

I Wish It Wouldn’t

This has been one of those weeks that one hates to see pass. The weather hasn’t been spectacular but has not been unpleasant either. Temperatures were certainly as moderate as they could be for early June. We’ve had some rain but no severe storms as happened during the previous week. ¶ There is still clean-up going on from the Memorial Day tornados and wind. Just Thursday I passed by an enormous evergreen that had blown over and hadn’t yet been touched. ¶
This has been one of those rare weeks when I’ve had no medical appointments. I’ve hardly known what to do with my time since I’ve spent no waiting room hours. In addition I’ve felt very well, have gotten some exercise, done some planting, attacked my office and made progress there, and here it is Saturday afternoon and I’m blogging. ¶ My friend who works in the garden has spent many hours putting in the new plants we purchased last Saturday. It will be fun to see the new things mature into healthy plantings. I finished the last of the pots. The pots, on the whole, do not look terribly creative this year. After they’ve had a chance to grow I may be more pleased. I did purchase a bowl of succulents which I find attractive. This was pre-planted so I’m only responsible for getting it home.
¶ The space between the sidewalk and the street (variously referred to as the boulevard, the parking, no-man’s-land, or what have you) is always a struggle. Grass doesn’t do well because of the chemicals on the street in the winter. It is a dry place no matter how much rain we receive. I broke the law several years ago and planted the area, mostly with sedum. The hub-bub resulted in the change of the law so planting is now fine. One section of my yard looks very nice this year.
¶ As a retired teacher I react when news of yet another school shooting hits the airwaves. It is upsetting that the powers-that-be ultimately think the solution should fall on the teachers’ shoulders and do nothing to even try to reduce the number and type of guns. Other countries have made progress. We have not, obviously. When will we? ¶ The events of January 6, 2021, continue to disturb the minds of all caring citizens. The people of the United States need to be informed of the truth of that day. The truth is being presented yet there are so many who refuse to hear it and would rather believe a fairytale. ¶ Thank you for your wishes, thoughts, and prayers. I’m grateful for the things you do for me and for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment