Thursday, August 15, 2019

Later on the 15th.

It's now 9:00 PM.  Long, long day begun at 4:AM to ready for Radiology to take me away and insert a port, which is line running into your heart looping around in your neck and planted in a little, rubber donut thing right under the skin near the right shoulder. That allows the infusers to enter it with a little poke and search and mess around a finally find a vein. Much easer.

They didn't show on time! Must take emergency cases, etc.

The nuclear medicine person with her little lead box appears and proceeds to make me radioactive.

A wait for the bone-scanners to show and haul be off for the bone scan. A procedure much like an MRI. enough said.

We went into business making book on a fist fight between the competing departments and who would win the prize - me - on the take away rights. Our business dropped like a lead balloon when the Nukes arrived by themselves. Bummer.

Finally, at 1:15 PM the Rads appeared and hauled me off to Radiology and the Comedy Cut-ups got to go at me with knives and stuff. I emerged after a very few minutes with a new thing under my chest.  I'm positive it makes me look more manly than ever! I've been instructed on the care and feeding of this new precious object given into my care. (Condensed version - "don't mess around with it, or else!)

Back to my luxurious single room with sitting area, private shower spa, "hardwood floors (a totally failure at duplication of a real thing), and other luxurious amenities too excessive to mention and risk overwhelming my readers with excessive dwelling on the small things of life! All this is available to you, too, for the reasonable daily price comparable to that to obtain a suite at  Raffles in Singapore. Full board included at both places.  You do not get the Rolls Royce. Sorry.

To return from comments aside.  I got to order lunch! Anything I wanted! They would even send out for take-away! All of this was to divert attention from the team that invaded my private space and surveyed the situation, began dressing their valued  friends in bright blue suits, and some in other costumery usually seen on the Eve of All Hallows. Let the infusion begin. Colleen is rapidly spiting out questions in my fashionable sitting area. The oncologist is explaining that this piece of tube goes to this bag which contains an isotope of X and C sub 14, etc., which will ultimately kill you off if one does not respect its authority. And I am respectfully listening to all this whilst munching on my uniquely prepared sub and side of mac and cheese. I know it might have looked like I had a super power to appear to be fascinated.

In the meanwhile I had a number of wonderful visitors amongst which were my entire community as they could muster in the midst of the workday were given permission to bring me Holy Communion from the Good Shepherd Eucharist a bit earlier. While fighting fatigue to get this out tonight I'm sure errors abound and typos and grammar horrors, etc. I will not attempt to fix it tonight. I may tomorrow but I want to see really how these various poisonous drugs affect my healing by killing off my entire immune system and restoring it. And I want to see how my own self is reacting mentally and verbally and just how things go.

Readers please realize this may be of some interest to you and I sincerely hope it is. You are truly aiding my healing process by continuing  to read whether the writing is good or bad, I care not. And you, obviously share that opinion. In this situation we realize that we are one. Ubuntu our African kin describe it nicely. They explain it this way. I am with you and you are with me. I exist because you are. You exist because we are. There is no difference. Ubuntu. We are all brothers and sisters we are not different. Something to ponder. It's still a journey. It's still a pilgrimage. Bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi warren I am finally taking the time to look at your blog. It’s fun and witty. Having been in these luxurious rooms many many times over the last 50 years I can concur with with your description. Do you know when you are getting out yet? I will try to make it over if possible. Dan

    ReplyDelete